Would you like to add or edit content here? Here's how you can have an account!
Ten reasons why I am not a christian
The following article is a Work In Progress. At present nobody is working on this article. If nobody is specifically working on this page, you are invited to help edit it and make it better.
Here are ten reasons why I have chosen to not call myself a Christian, Muslim or any other religion
10 Timothy McVeigh: raised Roman Catholic
Working at a lakeside campground near his old Army post, McVeigh constructed an ANNM explosive device arranged in the back of a rented Ryder truck. The bomb consisted of about 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) of ammonium nitrate (an agricultural fertilizer) and nitromethane, an explosive motor-racing fuel.
On April 19, 1995, McVeigh drove the truck to the front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building just as its offices and day-care center opened for the day. Prosecutors said McVeigh strode away from the truck after he ignited a timed fuse from the front of the truck. At 9:02 a.m., a massive explosion collapsed the north half of the building. In the explosion, 168 people died and 850 more were injured.
McVeigh was raised as a strict Roman Catholic. According to Christian beliefs, Tim is in heaven right now. He had a Roman Catholic ceremony at his execution in prison.
9. John Allen Muhammad: Muslim
Along with 17-year old Lee Boyd Malvo, this Gulf War Army veteran developed a sadistic plan to indiscriminately murder six people a day for thirty days. The "D.C. Sniper" as they were called, wreaked havoc in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C. for more than three weeks as they randomly shot and murdered people in the area. During the trial, much evidence surfaced indicating that John Allen Muhammad was motivated by Islamic Jihad.
8. Charles C. Roberts: Presbyterian
Charles, a well-meaning, god-fearing Christian efficiently executed "God's plan" for his life, which involved stocking up 600 rounds of ammunition, a shotgun, 9mm pistol, flex ties, stun gun and instead of attending his regular prayer group, went into an Amish school house and murdered 10 young children before killing himself.
- . Julian Borger, "McVeigh faces day of reckoning: Special report: Timothy McVeigh," The Guardian Online, June 11, 2001, http://www.guardian.co.uk/mcveigh/story/0,,504876,00.html
- . A series of trial exhibits indicated that Malvo and Muhammed were motivated by an affinity for Islamic Jihad. "Exhibit 65-006: A self-portrait of Malvo in the cross hairs of a gun scope shouting, 'ALLAH AKBAR!' The word 'SALAAM' scrawled vertically. A lyric from Bob Marley's Natural Mystic 'Many more will have to suffer. Many more will have to die. Don't ask me why.' "Exhibit 65-016: A portrait of Saddam Hussein with the words 'INSHALLAH' and 'The Protector,' surrounded by rockets labeled 'chem' and 'nuk.' "Exhibit 65-043: Father and son portrait of Malvo and Muhammad. 'We will kill them all. Jihad.' "Exhibit 65-056: A self-portrait of Malvo as sniper, lying in wait, with his rifle. 'JIHAD' written in bold letters. . . . "Exhibit 65-067: A suicide bomber labeled 'Hamas' walking into a McDonald's restaurant. Another drawing of the Twin Towers burning captioned: '85 percent chance Zionists did this.' More scrawls: 'ALLAH AKBAR,' 'JIHAD' and 'Islam will explode.' "Exhibit 65-103: A lion accompanies chapter and verse from the Koran ('Sura 2:190'): 'Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you and slay them wherever ye catch them.' "Exhibit 65-109: Portrait of Osama bin Laden, captioned 'Servant of Allah.' "Exhibit 65-117: The White House drawn in crosshairs, surrounded by missiles, with a warning: 'Sep. 11 we will ensure will look like a picnic to you' and 'you will bleed to death little by little.' . . . "Exhibit 65-101: Malvo's thought for the day: 'Islam the only true guidance, the way of peace.'"
- . http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/07/AR2006100700394.html
This site costs a lot of money in bandwidth and resources. We are glad to bring it to you free, but would you consider helping support our site by making a donation? Any amount would go a long way towards helping us continue to provide this useful service to the community.
Click on the Paypal button below to donate. Your support is most appreciated!